A great, lost classic. The debut album from Smith entitled A Group Called Smith.
It’s a relatively unknown album which gained a little notice a few years back thanks to Quentin Tarantino’s use in Death Proof of Smith’s cover of “Baby, It’s You”.
It’s an album that classic rock fans definitely need to check out, if they haven’t already. The album features mostly cover songs, and each one is reworked, almost unrecognizable at times, into their own style.
- Let’s Get Together (originally by The Youngbloods)
- Tell Him No (originally by The Zombies)
- Who Do You Love (originally by Bo Diddley)
- Baby, It’s You (originally by the Shirelles. The Beatles also did a cover)
- Last Time (originally by the Rolling Stones)
- I Just Want to Make Love to You (originally by Muddy Waters)
- Let’s Spend the Night Together (originally by the Rolling Stones)
Follow 92KQRS on Spotify!