Photo Credit: RKH Images (RKH-Images.com)
The Eagles officially have the biggest selling album ever in the U.S.
Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) has surpassed Michael Jackson’s Thriller to make it to the top spot.
According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) has been certified Platinum 38 times (38 million copies sold.)
Thriller, meanwhile, has sold 34 million.
The biggest-selling in albums in America are now:
- Eagles Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) – 38x Platinum
- Michael Jackson Thriller – 34x Platinum
- Eagles Hotel California – 26x Platinum
- AC/DC Back in Black – 25x Platinum
- Led Zeppelin “Led Zeppelin IV” – 24x Platinum
- Fleetwood Mac Rumours – 20x Platinum