A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KQRS-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or one of its subsidiary companies, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414, during available business hours Monday through Friday, Station’s website at www.92kqrs.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KQRS’ “The 92KQRS Eliminator” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents. age 18 or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days, or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Station, each of its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A PERSON OR HOUSEHOLD MAY ONLY WIN ONE (1) DAILY PRIZE DURING THIS CONTEST PERIOD.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:01 a.m., CST on Thursday, February 25, 2021 and will run each weekday through 6:59 p.m., CST on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. Entering this Contest is a two (2) step process as described in detail below. Listen to the Station between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CST each weekday, Monday through Friday, during the Contest Period, for the daily on-air cues to call given on KQRS by an on-air announcer. Then, each weekday, each time a cue to call is given and the on-air announcer asks for caller nine (9), you must be caller nine (9) to the Station to qualify to win a daily prize and for the chance to eliminate a contest item (the “Contest Item”) on air from the list of Contest Items available on the Station’s website at www.92kqrs.com that was not previously named in the elimination process for a chance to qualify to win the grand prize. If the ninth (9th) caller does not correctly identify and select a Contest Item from our remaining Contest Items or does not state the Contest Item correctly that they wish to eliminate on their first attempt, then he/she must keep stating a Contest Item that they think remains active on the list of Contest Items until they successfully state a Contest Item on-air that has not previously been eliminated by another contestant. Station may elect to stop taking guesses after a reasonable amount of attempts are made, in its sole and exclusive discretion. The list of active Contest Items will be updated multiple times per day during the Contest Period at www.92kqrs.com.
STEP ONE: Listen to the Station between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CST each weekday, Monday through Friday, for the daily cues to call which will occur a total of five (5) times each weekday EXCEPT ON Tuesday, March 23, 2021, when there will only be two (2) cues to call; daily cues to call will take place during set daily times: twice between 6:00 a.m. and 9:59 a.m. CST; once between 10:00 a.m. and 12:59 p.m. CST; once between 1:00 p.m. and 3:59 p.m. CST; and once between 4:00 p.m. and 6:59 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, from February 25, 2021 through March 22, 2021, and then once between 6:00 a.m. and 9:59 a.m. CST and once between 10:00 a.m. and 12:59 p.m. on March 23, 2021. You must call the Station at 651-989-7625 or 651-989-7655 and be caller nine (9) to qualify for a daily prize and to play the elimination game.
Caller 9 to the Station will have a chance to be an eliminator of the Contest Item from the list of remaining Contest Items (published online at www.92kqrs.com). If caller 9 does not correctly identify one (1) of the Contest Items that remains active and in play on our published list, then he/she must keep trying until they do correctly state a Contest Item that remains on our published list. Station may elect to stop taking guesses after a reasonable amount of attempts are made, in its sole and exclusive discretion. Caller 9 who correctly eliminates the Contest Item will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest.
4. Daily Winner Selection. The ninth (9th) person to call, as described above, will be eligible to win a daily prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). In addition, all daily prize winners who correctly stated a Contest Item that they would like to eliminate from the list of remaining Contest Items to choose from, will automatically be entered into a drawing for the grand prize. The Station will award five (5) daily prizes each weekday from February 25, 2021 through March 22, 2021 and two (2) daily prizes on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 during the Contest Period for a total of up to ninety-one (91) daily prize winners during the Contest Period. Each phone number will be allowed to call once per day/per person for a total of (up to) one (1) attempt per day, per phone number.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection. Starting on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 after 7:00 pm, all qualified daily prize winners during the Contest Period will be combined and automatically be entered into a random drawing for the chance to become a “Finalist” to win the grand prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules) on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. The Grand Prize Finalist selection will be done at approximately 7:00 PM CST Tuesday, March 23, 2021, with five (5) potential Finalists drawn randomly. The five (5) Finalists will NOT win a finalist prize nor will they be contacted by Station, but will automatically be combined and put in another drawing, where one (1) name will be drawn and announced live on air during the KQRS Morning Show between 7:00 and 9:00 AM CST on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 as the potential “Grand Prize Winner.” When the potential Grand Prize Winner’s name is revealed on-air, that person will then have nine (9) minutes to call the station at either 651.989.7625 or 651.989.7655 to claim the Grand Prize. If the Finalist fails to call Station within nine (9) minutes, then Station will draw one (1) new name from the remaining four (4) Finalists as a potential Grand Prize Winner. Contesting will continue in this manner until one (1) Finalist is named on-air and calls Station to claim the prize within the allotted nine (9) minutes. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within nine (9) minutes of their name being announced on-air sometime between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM CST on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, will result in disqualification. Any and all Finalists who do not call in in a timely manner will forfeit their chance to win the prize. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON.
If Station does not speak directly to a Finalist or receive a call back by any Finalist within nine (9) minutes on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 when that Finalist’s name is announced live on-air, then Station will select alternative Finalist(s). If Station announces and goes through all five (5) Finalists without one (1) of them calling Station in a timely manner, then Station would combine all Daily Winners’ names and draw one (1) winner from those to receive the Grand Prize and Station would then contact this person using the email and/or phone number provided at the time of entry. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Daily Prize. Up to ninety-one (91) daily prizes (each, a “Daily Prize”) may be awarded in this Contest. Each Daily Prize consists of one hundred dollars awarded in the form of either a pre-paid Visa or AMEX gift card. Approximate retail value of each Daily Prize is one hundred dollars ($100).
There can be only one (1) Daily Prize won per person, per household and/or immediate family during this Contest Period.
One (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a check in the amount of forty thousand and nine hundred dollars ($40,900). ARV of the Grand Prize is forty thousand and nine dollars ($40,900). The odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates / cards. Other restrictions may apply.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
15. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires
by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
PRIZE PROVIDERS: North American Banking Company, 2230 Albert Street N., Roseville, MN 55113; MyPillow, 343 E. 82nd Street, #100, Chaska, MN 55318.