A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KQRS-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or one of its subsidiary companies, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414, during available business hours Monday through Friday, Station website www.92kqrs.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KQRS “Ice Fishing Trip Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days, or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Station, Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, each of their respective parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A PERSON, HOUSEHOLD, OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER MAY ONLY WIN ONE (1) PRIZE DURING THIS CONTEST PERIOD. ONCE A PERSON WINS IN A HOUSEHOLD OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY, THEN THAT PERSON ALONG WITH ANY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER OR HOUSEHOLD IS INELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THIS CONTEST.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01 am, CST on Monday, December 14, 2020 and will run through 11:59 pm, CST on Sunday, January 10, 2021 for online entry (as described below) (“Online Entry Contest Period”) and will begin at 5:31 am CST on Thursday, December 17, 2020 and will run through 9:59 am CST on Thursday, December 17, 2020 for on-air entry (as described below) (“On-Air Entry Contest Period,” and together with Online Entry Contest Period, the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter.
On-Air: During the On-Air Entry Contest Period, listeners must be listening for the on-air personalities to announce that it is time to call, which will be their cue to call and will happen sometime between 5:30 AM -10:00 AM on December 17, 2020, during the On-Air Entry Contest Period. When they hear the on-air announcer ask for caller five (5) during the KQRS Morning Show between 5:30-10:00 a.m. CST on-air, you must be caller (5) to call (as determined by the Station in its sole discretion) to 651-989-7655 or 651-989-7625 for a chance to win the prize. Callers other than the fifth (5th) caller will not be qualified to win. The Station will award one (1) prize on-air during the Contest Period.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to text later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. Online: Visit the participating Station’s website at www.92kqrs.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Ice Fishing Trip Giveaway” Contest link, and complete an entry form, making sure to complete all fields, including your name, email address, phone number and checking the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the contest rules. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on January 20, 2021 to be eligible for the prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person for the duration of this Contest, regardless of how many email addresses an individual may possess and use. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Stations are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
4. Winner Selection
On-Air Winner. The caller number 5 to call in between 5:30-10:00 AM CST on Thursday, December 17, 2020 during the Contest Period, as described above, will be eligible to win a prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). The potential prize winner will be briefed about their potential prize winnings and how to claim their prize over the phone by the jock at the time of winning. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
Only one (1) prize winner per immediate family or household during this Contest Period.
Online Winners. Starting or about 9:30 am CST on Monday, December 21, 2020 and then each following Monday during the Contest Period, the Station will select one (1) entry weekly during the Contest Period for the prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during that previous week during the Contest Period. The potential winners will be contacted by end of day beginning on Monday, December 21, 2020, using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes. Up to five (5) prizes (each, a “Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest (4 Prizes through online entries and 1 Prize through on-air entries). Each Prize consists of a certificate valid for a two (2) night stay for winner and up to three (3) guests at The Sleeper House by Border View Lodge located on Lake of the Woods in Baudette, MN; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE of each Prize is Eight Hundred and Twenty-Four Dollars ($824.00). A PERSON, IMMEDIATE FAMILY, AND/OR HOUSEHOLD MAY ONLY WIN ONE (1) PRIZE DURING THIS CONTEST PERIOD.
If Border View Lodge is temporarily or permanently closed due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or the Station, then no substitution shall be provided by Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or the Station. Neither Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or the Station make any representation or warranty about the safety of Border View Lodge in light of COVID-19. By accepting the Prize, a winner acknowledges the risk of large group gatherings and assume all risks of accepting the Prize, staying at Border View Lodge and any other risks associated with staying at Border View Lodge.
Odds of winning a Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. No copies or reproductions accepted. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Offer is non-transferable, non-negotiable. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest(s), the Prize will be awarded to Winner only and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
Winner and their Guest(s) must be legal US residents and at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Trip is non-transferable, not for resale and is based on availability. Specific dates of stay and arrangements are subject to holidays and blackout dates. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel to and from Baudette, MN is NOT included in the Prize and is solely the winner’s responsibility. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner is responsible for any travel expenses, including, but not limited to, air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Certificate has no cash value and is non-transferable. Gratuity not included.
All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Prize trip must be used mid-week in February 2021 (subject to blackout dates) and based on availability. Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and Station. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, except for those guests who the Winner is the legal guardian of. Prize trip is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion.
Trip is non-transferable, not for resale and is based on availability. Specific dates stay and arrangements are subject to holidays and blackout dates; Border View stay is valid mid-week February 2021, based on ice conditions. Trip must be completed prior to February 28, 2021 or Prize will be forfeited. No Friday or Saturday nights. Call 800-776-3474. in advance for availability and reservation. Reservations are subject to availability. Winner and his/her (up to) three (3) Guests are responsible for Minnesota Fishing License, fishing gear and tackle, pillow, sleeping bag, toiletries, warm clothing, food, beverages and snacks.
Should the winner be unable to travel for any reason, winner immediately forfeits the Prize and at that time, Station may select an alternate winner in its sole and exclusive discretion and in compliance with these Contest Rules.
If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no guest, the Prize will be awarded to winner and each participating guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
PRIZE PROVIDER: Borderline Lodge, P.O. Box 516, 3409 State Hwy 172 NW, Baudette, MN 56623.